mardi 8 juillet 2008

A few passes later ...

17 days later....

I am now in Salida, and this is my second computer stop, and my second rest day. Since the last post, I have ridden through arid and service less stretches in New Mexico, crested several passes above 3000m and biked my way into Colorado. Weather is quite a bit cooler here , and I usually have to hide from a thunderstorm every afternoon, usually when I get on top of a pass (murphy's law I guess).
Tomorrow, I will head to Breckenridge, and continue on north towards Wyoming.


Marshall pass is the last of the passes, it greeted me with a huge thunderstorm and some hay on top.
That one was on top of Carnero pass
Ahhh mountains ...
Indiana pass, still snow ridden
The pass after Brazos ridge... was this one the highest ?
Another one you for your kitchen door Fred :

Xav, this one is for you, in memory of all this Fire in the hole nights spent kicking terrorists' asses:That was the best part of New Mexico, the stretch between Grants and Cuba was like biking the Grand Canyon. Well worth the sand storms.

before I take off, here are the latest stats :

Considerably more than I thought I would be riding ... I should try and take it easy a little bit.

After crossing the divide four times in a single day before Pie Town, NM, I spent a while East of the Divide and only got to cross it again yesterday.

1 commentaire:

Unknown a dit…

That's my boy, les dernier truc de google pour montrer tes stats... Un truc bien dommage c'est que les stats de tes anciens posts sont modifiées avec les nouveaux posts...
ça me fait plaisir d'avoir de tes nouvelles Bro, et de voir que tu dépasses tes espérances.
I'll try to be there pour mi septembre.