samedi 21 juin 2008

Hello From Silver City

After 5 days riding in intense heat, I am in the first real town since El Paso ( I mean more than one street and even some traffic lights ). I started from the border crossing at Antelope Wells on thursday afternoon and since then I have ridden roughly 165km. The nice rolling hills of yesterday's desert have turned into big hills as I gradually climb into the rockies, and honestly I welcome the climb since the higher I go, the fresher the weather. I am now preparing for a long stretch of offroad with no services, and that means I have to carry lots of food and I will be pumping my water from the cattle reservoirs along the way... Time for some pics :

New Mexico desert near Antelope Wells
Speciale dedicace Fred :


The fully loaded bike :
The high desert south of Silver City, starting to climb :

Catch me if you can:
First crossing, and lanscape below :

Speciale dedicace Caro, vado made in US :


Speciale dedicace pour Marmotte :

5 days worth of food, with some meals taken along the way :

My stats now look like this :
Which means riding lots, fleeing the heat ( initially planned to cycle only 40km per day the first week ). Crossed the divide twice yesterday. The first time I was greeted by a squad of real cowboys, the second was the perfect camping spot.

Aucun commentaire: